We at eComDimes are on a simple mission; help our readers provide well for their families by starting and growing online businesses. Some of the links in this post may be from our partners. Here’s how we make money.
Making money online can be a bit of a hot topic. But what if you don’t have internet access? It may seem like you’re out of luck, but that’s not necessarily the case.
You can’t make money online without internet access. At some point, you must be online to list or advertise your product or service. However, you don’t need 24/7 internet access to make money – you’re good to go as long as you’ve listed the product and chosen the cash payment option.
There are plenty of ways to make money without 24/7 internet access. In this post, I’ll describe a few of those methods and help you get started.
So whether you’re stranded with unreliable internet or just looking for some supplemental income, read on! If you find this post inspiring and useful, share it with your friends, please! (Virtual high fives and hugs to all my sharers out there!)
1. Sell Handmade Goods
If you’re a talented artist, you can sell your handmade goods online without an internet connection. There are several platforms that allow you to set up an online shop, such as Etsy, which is popular for selling things like jewelry, art, and other crafty items. You can also sell handmade goods in person at local markets or fairs.
Some tips for selling handmade goods online include:
- Hire an influencer to promote your shop through social media: Since you won’t be online, you can hire someone with a large social media following to give you a shout-out and help promote your shop. You can also leave information about your shop with customers so they can tell their friends and family.
- Offer custom orders: If you’re willing to take custom orders, you can reach a larger audience since people can request items specific to their needs or taste.
- Make use of print-on-demand services: You can use print-on-demand services, such as Zazzle, Printify, Society6, or Printful to create and sell custom-designed products without needing to carry inventory.
- Offer discounts or free shipping for orders over a certain amount: That can help encourage people to purchase multiple items from your shop at once.
- Take advantage of holidays and special occasions to run promotions: For example, you could offer a Mother’s Day discount or a Christmas sale.
2. Sell Products From Home
Selling products from home is a great way to earn extra income, and if you have products you’ve made or sourced yourself, you can sell them online without internet access. However, you must first set up an account with a platform like Shopify, which will allow you to create a digital storefront.
Once your storefront is set up, you can take orders and process payments offline using a point-of-sale system.
Here are a few tips and tricks for selling products from home:
- Research your target market and ensure there is demand for your product before you invest time and money into setting up a storefront.
- Create compelling product descriptions and photos that will capture the attention of potential customers.
- Use social media to promote your products and reach a wider audience.
- Offer discounts or promotions to encourage customers to buy from you.
- Provide excellent customer service to encourage customer loyalty.
Warning: Although Shopify offers a POS you can use offline, you won’t have access to some crucial features, such as inventory management, unless you’re connected to the internet. Besides, being offline limits you to cash transactions. You won’t be able to process credit or debit card payments without an internet connection.
3. Offer Consulting Services
If you’re an expert in a particular field, such as business, finance, or marketing, you can offer your services as a consultant without needing internet access. That’s because most of the work you’ll be doing will be offline, such as meeting with clients or traveling to meetings.
To get started, you can create a website or online portfolio that outlines:
- Your services: Be sure to include a detailed description of the services you offer.
- Your experience: Include information about your education, training, and professional experience.
- Your clients: If you have any notable clients, be sure to mention them on your website or portfolio.
- Your rates: Include your hourly rate or the fee you charge for each project.
Then, promote your consulting services through word-of-mouth, social media, or offline channels such as print advertisements or flyers. You can also consider joining a professional networking group, or attending trade shows or conferences in your industry!
Companies like Clickfunnels allow you to create professional sales funnels that people can land on, join your tribe and potentially become your offline clients!
Clickfunnels is a super powerful toolkit for online and offline-based businesses alike. No matter what your niche is, it has pre-made templates that can serve your business. Click the image below to claim your 14-day free trial (no credit card required!)
4. Start a Local Service Business
If you live in a rural area or small town, starting a local service business is a great way to earn extra income without internet access. That’s because most of the work you’ll be doing will be offline, such as:
- Mowing lawns: You can start a lawn mowing business with just a push mower and some flyers.
- Tutoring: You can advertise your tutoring services in local newspapers or hire an influencer to post about your services on social media.
- Childcare: You can start a small in-home daycare or offer babysitting services.
- Housecleaning: You can start a house cleaning business with just a few supplies and some flyers.
- Errands and odd jobs: You can earn extra income by running errands or doing odd jobs for people in your community.
Here’s an excellent video to watch if you need insights into the service businesses worth trying:
5. Sell Digital Products
At first glance, it might seem like selling digital products would require you to have an internet connection. After all, how can you sell something online if potential customers can’t even access your website?
However, there are many platforms that allow you to sell digital products without an internet connection. Gumroad is one of the most popular options. The platform allows you to sell eBooks, courses, and photos.
In addition, the platform offers several features that can help you to streamline the sales process. For example, you can set up automatic payments, so you’ll get paid even if you’re not online.
That said, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose the right platform: As I mentioned, Gumroad is one great option for selling digital products without an internet connection. However, there are several other platforms to choose from, such as Shopify, Hostgator, and Clickfunnels. Take some time to compare your options before selecting a platform.
- Create high-quality content: If you’re selling digital products, creating high-quality and engaging content is essential. After all, you want potential customers to be happy with their purchase.
- Promote your products: Just because you’re selling digital products doesn’t mean you can’t promote them offline. In fact, promoting your products offline can be a great way to reach potential customers. For example, you can promote your digital products at trade shows or conferences. You can also distribute flyers or postcards to local businesses.
6. Sell Event Tickets
If you’re organizing an event, you can sell tickets online without internet access by using a ticketing platform like Eventbrite or Ticketmaster. You can also sell tickets in person at the event itself (assuming it’s not an online event).
Selling tickets offline can be a great way to reach potential attendees who might not see your event listings online. For example, if you’re organizing a local concert, distributing flyers and posters in music venues and record stores can help you reach your target audience.
And if you’re putting on a community fair or festival, partnering with local businesses is a great way to get the word out.
Of course, you’ll need to do more than just sell tickets – you’ll also need to promote your event to generate interest and excitement. But with a little effort, you can sell tickets and make sure your event is a success.
7. Rent Out Property
If you own property (such as a house, apartment, or room), you can rent it online and make money without necessarily being constantly online. Platforms like Airbnb and VRBO make it easy to list your property and manage bookings.
Of course, you’ll need to promote your listing offline to reach potential renters. For example, you can distribute flyers in tourist areas or post listings in local newspapers. You can also use word-of-mouth to spread the word about your rental property.
Moreover, it’s essential to be prepared for potential renters. Make sure you have a system in place for accepting payments and key exchanges. You should also have a list of nearby attractions and restaurants so that you can recommend them to guests.
By taking the time to prepare, you can make renting out your property a seamless and enjoyable experience.
4 Tips for Choosing the Right Platform
Now that we’ve looked at a few ways to make money online without an internet connection, let’s take a moment to discuss how to choose the right platform. After all, you must first list your product or service on a marketplace before you can start making sales.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you compare your options:
1. The Platform Must Allow Offline Payment Options
One of the most important things to look for in a platform is offline payment options. After all, you need to be able to receive payments without an internet connection. Otherwise, you won’t be able to make any sales!
For example, Shopify allows you to use its point-of-sale system to accept cash payments offline. That makes it a great option if you’re selling physical products at trade shows or other events.
2. The Platform Must Be Easy To Use
Another important consideration is the platform’s ease of use. After all, you don’t want to spend hours figuring out how to list your products or services.
Ideally, the platform you choose should be intuitive and user-friendly. That way, you can get started quickly and start making sales as soon as possible.
Here are a few signs that a platform is easy to use:
- The platform has step-by-step instructions for listing products or services.
- The platform offers customer support in case you run into any problems.
- The platform has a sleek and user-friendly interface.
Keep these things in mind as you compare your options to find the best platform for your needs.
3. The Platform Must Be Affordable
You’ll want to make sure the platform you choose is affordable. After all, you don’t want to spend a fortune on listing fees or commissions.
To find an affordable platform, compare the costs of different options. Pay close attention to any listing fees, as well as any commissions you’ll need to pay when you make a sale.
It’s also important to consider the value you’re getting for your money. For example, some platforms offer additional features, such as marketing tools or customer support, for an extra fee. These features can be worth the investment, especially if they help you make more sales.
Claim your 14-day free trial on Shopify and learn as you go along (no credit card required!)
4. The Platform Must Offer Good Customer Support
Finally, it’s essential to choose a platform that offers good customer support. After all, you want to be able to get help if you run into any problems.
Ideally, the platform you choose should offer 24/7 customer support. That way, you can get help anytime, day or night.
You should also look for a platform that offers multiple channels for customer support, such as phone, email, and live chat. That way, you can always get the help you need, no matter how you prefer to communicate.
By keeping these things in mind, you can narrow down your options to find the best platform for your needs.
Remember: You Need Internet Before You Can Start
Even though there are ways to make money online without a constant internet connection, you’ll need internet access to get started. After all, you can’t start an online business without a website or online presence!
Moreover, you’ll need internet access to track your sales, manage your inventory, and communicate with customers.
Tip: If you need insights into the ways to make money online, check out The Laptop Millionaire: How Anyone Can Escape the 9 to 5 and Make Money Online (link to Amazon). The author provides handy tips for building an online business from scratch, making the book a great resource for anyone interested in starting an online business.
There’s no shortage of ways to make money online without an internet connection, but you must first access the internet to set up an account on an online marketplace. Once you’ve done that, you can start making sales without an internet connection.
To find the best platform for your needs, look for a marketplace that offers offline payment options, is easy to use, and is affordable. You’ll also want to make sure the platform provides good customer support. Good luck in your search!
Finally, if you’re looking forward to making money online passively, while you’re sleeping, at the gym, or even traveling, I have good news for you! This is not a pipe dream anymore and a lot of people are doing it nowadays, including me!
If you want to learn how to start a profitable business from the comfort of your home, check out the free training below.
Thanks for going this far! If you found this post inspiring and useful, share it with your friends, please! (Virtual high fives and hugs to all my sharers out there!)
Hand-Picked Articles For You
- 11 Ways to Make Money with NFTs (A Quick Detailed Guide)
- How To Setup PayPal In Unsupported Countries? (Quick Guide)
- The (No. 1 Way) To Make a Full-Time Income Flipping NFTs
- How To Make Money Online With VeVe? (6 Epic Methods)
- 9 Epic Ways to Make Money Online Using Clickfunnels (2022)
- Does Shopify Cost Money? (2021’s Pricing Guide)
- Is Print On Demand Dead? (Stats + My $4843/Month Case Study)
- A 2022 Noob’s Guide For Accepting Crypto Payments On Shopify
- How To Start A Shopify Store For Free (Business Kickstart)
- Should You Use Shopify For Dropshipping? (Pros & Features)