We at eComDimes are on a simple mission; help our readers earn extra money and improve their financial lives. Some of the links in this post may be from our partners. Here’s how we make money.
With the fact that 38% of the population in Brazil makes purchases online, it’s never been easier to tap into eCommerce dropshipping! The question is, how to start doing dropshipping in Brazil and where to find trustworthy suppliers? This is exactly what I’m about to answer.
To do dropshipping in Brazil, you would need an online store and products to sell. Shopify allows you to create a professional storefront without hassle, and companies like Spocket & Salehoo have solved some problems like finding suppliers without taking a charter plane and fly searching for a supplier!
In this article, we’ll be going through the exact process of starting a dropshipping business in Brazil, help you set up your store the correct way, find trustworthy suppliers, and just get started as soon as possible!
So, are you a Brazilian who’s looking forward to dipping your toe into the eCommerce industry, dropshipping particularly? This quick illustrated guide could be of great help.
If you find this post inspiring and useful, share it with your friends, please! (Virtual high fives and awkward hugs to all my sharers out there ✋)
Does Dropshipping Work In Brazil?
Yes, dropshipping still works today, and the reason is, eCommerce in Brazil grew by 16% in 2019 compared to 2018, closing the year with revenue of $15.7 billion – ten times higher than at the beginning of the decade. According to Statista, the 2021 forecast online sales revenue is 149BRL, which is $25.7B in US Dollars!
The 7-Step Process Of Starting A Dropshipping Business In Brazil
Here’s a quick overview of the exact 7-step process of starting a dropshipping business:
1. Select A Niche
A niche is a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service!
Although you can sell anything with dropshipping, you just can’t sell everything, for two main reasons:
- High competition – Making a broad website that sells almost anything is a recipe for failure, because you will be competing with big guys in the market such as Aliexpress, Amazon, and others!
- Target audience – By selling products in a specific niche and category, you’ll be able to identify your target audience & know exactly who your ideal customers are, that your product helps them solve a particular problem!
Whether you’re planning to sell women’s apparel, gadgets, or sneakers, the choice is all yours, but you need to assess the competition by leveraging some free tools such as Google Trends.
There are multiple approaches for learning more about the trending products and what your competitors are doing. For example, you can search on Google and see what’s actually trending on the first page of the search results.
Additionally, supplier marketplaces such as Spocket and Salehoo can give you outstanding information that you can’t find anywhere else on the web, and tell you exactly what’s been selling and what’s not!
Spocket, for example, is a great supplier marketplace where you can find high-quality products from the US and EU.
They also sort products by popularity and have the best selling section which can be a good indicator of what other dropshippers actually selling.
Related: What Is Spocket? Best Way To Find Quality Suppliers From The USA & EU (Open in a new tab)
2. Know Your Platform
In this phase, you should figure out whether you want to sell on big well-known eCommerce companies, such as Amazon and eBay, or start your very own self-hosted eCommerce website using Shopify.
It could be a bit intimidating to figure this out as a complete beginner, but it’s definitely doable with the right guide that shows you the pros & cons of each option.
In a recently published blog post, I’ve compared selling on Shopify with selling on Amazon to better help you decide which platform fits you most.
3. Build Your Actual Online Store (With Screenshots)
This is one of the most interesting and easy parts of the process. But, what if you don’t have any coding or technical skills for creating a website? It’s simple, use Shopify 🙂
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is a subscription-based eCommerce solution that allows you to sell anything online, anywhere, without hassle! It will act as your hosted e-commerce solution, allowing you to easily create a professional-looking store, display your products and take payments from your customers.
Shopify is an easy-to-use platform, and creating a Shopify store is very simple. Here’s a FREE 8-video mini-course to help you get started without paying big bucks to some gurus.
It’s a lot easier than it was to build an online business 20 years ago, and below are the exact steps you need to run into for building your very own website on Shopify:
First, you go to Shopify.com, enter your valid email address to claim your 14-day free trial. (Click here to go directly to the Shopify homepage and claim your free trial!)
After filling in some information, like your email address, password, and the name of your store, you are 5 minutes away from having your online store up and running.
They will ask for some personal information about yourself and your business to better understand why are you considering leveraging their platform.
And this is the final information you need to provide in order to enter your very own backend office, where you would actually control your whole online storefront!
And, congratulation! 🎉 You’ve just created your online storefront, which needs customization and editing now to become appealing and inviting for customers. Did you know that it’s that simple and easy?
This is what your Shopify admin will look like:
4. Install & Upload A Theme
Starting a dropshipping business is a lot similar to starting a brick-and-mortar type of store. Fact is, some characteristics may be in common in both businesses, but the internet makes everything simpler and easier.
For example, instead of purchasing a land or rent a place for a brick and mortar business, you create an online storefront and host it on the clouds.
And instead of the high overheads on the interior design (tables, walls, light, etc.,) you purchase a theme, and the theme you pick is actually what determines how your store would appear for customers!
While Shopify’s free themes come with basic features and functionalities, a premium theme can add much to your website in terms of functionality, features, and speed. It also provides more value to your customers, and allows you to have a store you’re proud to own and promote!
In other words, it’s an (optional) investment of approximately $180 but is totally worth it! Shopify theme store is a great starting point, but if you want more options, you can check out some verified themes & online assets marketplaces like:
Wondering how you can install/upload a theme to your Shopify store? Be it free, paid, from Shopify, or from any other external marketplace, this quick tutorial will show you the demonstrated process of that with screenshots!
5. Find Trustworthy Suppliers
When dropshipping, you’re actually selling other people’s products, so, a supplier have the power to either lift your business up or ruin your whole brand’s image!
It’s highly recommended to pick trusted, verified, and quality suppliers who are tested and have proven records.
Companies like Spocket & Salehoo have solved some problems like finding suppliers without taking a charter plane and fly searching for a supplier!
Those two apps are paid services and are not for free, but when using them, you can rest assured that you’re working with trustworthy suppliers who know what they’re doing. Salehoo, for example, provides you with very well-known brands that you can start selling their products today. Such as:
Find branded products within minutes
7 reasons why you need to use a supplier-directory like Salehoo and Spocket:
- No unreliable suppliers.
- No headaches.
- No long shipping period from China.
- High-quality products only.
- Solid customer support.
- A wide variety of products in every country.
- Sellers are already familiar with dropshipping and they won’t include their names or price on the receipt!
Alternatively, if you’re not ready to commit to a monthly or yearly paid service (which is highly advisable and totally worth it) you can leverage the Aliexpress Chinese marketplace with an app called Oberlo.
Although Aliexpress is a great company, there are a lot of untrustworthy suppliers on the platform, which puts your business at some serious risks…
Anyway, in case you wanted to try the Aliexpress-Oberlo method, here’s the exact step-by-step process for that:
First of all, you need to go to your Shopify back-end office, and head to the “Apps” tab.
Then search for an app called “Oberlo”. Chances are, you’ll find it right away without even searching for it because it’s highly popular.
After clicking the install button, you will give authorization to the Oberlo app to integrate with your Shopify store.
For a smoother and faster process, you can import products from the Aliexpress website directly to your store with only a click by installing the Oberlo product importer extension to your chrome browser!
6. Import Products To Your Store
After finding suppliers within your niche, you will see what products do they offer and import them straightaway to your Shopify store.
Luckily, all the tools that I’ve mentioned above have integrations with Shopify and allow you to import products with a click.
After importing products to your store, you can edit the titles, descriptions, images and prices, put your final touches and make them go live on the store.
It’s great to seperate your products into different categories for a better user experience.
7. Promote Your Business
This is the phase in which you should be inviting the world to your online store so you can get orders and make money with your store.
Marketing could be tough, especially if you’re a complete beginner who knows nothing about marketing and advertising.
When it comes to promoting your business online, you basically have 3 choices:
- Learn it by yourself by trial and error – This is possible… Everything in this world is even possible! But with this option, you will end up spending a lot of money by testing things out. The learning curve is steep and tough!
- Hire experts to do the work on your behalf – From freelance marketplaces like Fiverr and Upwork, you can find experienced freelancers who can handle this for you for a certain fee. It takes time to find a freelancer you’ve comfortable to work and communicate with, and a bad freelancer would lead to a loss as well!
- Learn from experts who have cracked the code of paid advertising – And I believe, this is the optimal option, as you will learn the skill and leverage it for any business, especially with premium training like Max’s!
Learning from experts who have what you want is key when it comes to mastering anything. In the end, dropshipping and marketing are definitely skills that you can learn by yourself, but investing in learning will shortcut a lot of expenses and time!
Another reason why it’s highly recommended to invest in a marketing course like this one is because of the ever-changing advertising algorithms… You may watch thousands of videos on YouTube, but what would it add to your business if the information is outdated?
Below is a ticket for one of the most premium Facebook training programs that allows you to learn and master Facebook advertising without breaking the bank. Click here or the image below to claim your special offer!
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Dropshipping Business?
The ideal budget for considering starting a dropshipping business is $500-$1000! Most gurus claim that you can get started with dropshipping for FREE, and that’s not true, as there are yearly expenses, such as domain registration & other fees, and monthly expenses such as Shopify’s subscription, apps, and marketing!
Here’s a quick breakdown of the budget that you need for starting a dropshipping business:
- Domain registration fee – This is the fee that you pay for domain registrars such as NameCheap, and it’s an expense of around $15 a year.
- Shopify’s subscription plan – To start selling with Shopify, you need to select one of the available plans they have. The basic subscription plan is for $29/month, and it’s enough to get started with & upgrade as your business grows.
- Premium theme – Shopify offers a variety of FREE themes! However, if you want to take your dropshipping seriously and make your store look professional, functional and fast, you need a premium theme. This approx. costs $180.
- Shopify apps – Shopify has an app store of tools to help you grow your business, enhance your marketing, and increase the functionality of your store. You roughly need an extra $50 on apps, per month, for a professional site.
- Marketing & promotion – No matter what you’re selling online, you won’t be able to make a single dime without real humans visiting your webpages, and that’s what ‘paid advertising’ can help you with! To get your store noticed, you need an advertising budget of a minimum of $500. The higher your budget is, the better you’d be able to test ads!
Why Start A Dropshipping Business In Brazil?
- Brazil is one of the fastest-growing dropshipping destinations all around the world.
- Over 38% of the population making online purchases in Brazil.
- No need to hold any inventory that won’t sell.
- More efficient and profitable than buying wholesale.
- No need to buy land or rent a place.
- Supplier-marketplaces like Spocket & Salehoo offer a wide product variety in Brazil.
- In 2018, customers spent over 500 billion dollars on buying goods online and it’s expected that e-commerce sales will exceed 4,5 trillion by 2021!
Dropshipping allows you to sell other people’s products without the need to worry about packing, shipping, and delivering the items to the end-consumers. Also, you will have more freedom and time to focus on growing your business with marketing! All of that makes up a great atmosphere for starting a new dropshipping business in Brazil!
Why Dropshipping Is Better Than Wholesale In Brazil?
According to a recent report from IHL Group, a research and advisory firm, nearly $1.5 trillion of worldwide merchandise annually is in an overstock position that creates a loss in revenue. This is a problem that dropshipping has solved. Dropshipping is less risky as you don’t need to hold any inventory, buy land or rent a place!
Why do you even need to buy and hold an inventory that won’t sell, buy or rent a place to store the products if there’s an easier and more efficient way to sell nationally and internationally without hassle?
What Are The Benefits Of Dropshipping Over Wholesale?
- No inventory – With the innovative dropshipping model, you only purchase the product when it’s sold. So, you pay the product’s cost from the revenue you collect from buyers. You don’t need to stock any inventory that won’t sell!
- No high overheads – Running a brick and mortar type of business involves a lot of overheads and expenses, such as electricity, salaries, etc… When running an online dropshipping store, all of that overhead is eliminated!
- No place to rent or land to buy – With dropshipping, the physical store is replaced with an online storefront that costs $29 per month with Shopify, and a domain name that costs around $15 a year!
- Higher profit margins – The reduced expenses can translate into higher profit margins as you can invest more in the marketing and focus on bringing more customers and sales!
- Bigger segmentation – With dropshipping, you can obviously segment a bigger target audience as you can offer more products and variants that serve more people’s demands and interests!
- More capacity – No matter what products you’re considering purchasing wholesale, your place or physical store does definitely have a specific capacity. With dropshipping, you can offer an unlimited number of products.
- Bigger product variety – Suppliers may sometimes afraid to buy certain items with low demand, such as plus size items. With dropshipping, you’re able to offer more products and variants as it won’t cost you anything in advance.
- No headaches – Dropshipping allows you to have less physical interactions with customers. The thing that will reduce your stress and allow you to focus on promoting your business while your suppliers handle tha actual selling!
- The process can be automated – The coolest thing about dropshipping is that it can be fully automated! Companies like Spocket & Salehoo allow you to find suppliers, list their products on your store, and once you get an order, they will get notified. Once they’re notified, they will automatically start processing your order, pack, ship and deliver it on your behalf!
What Dropshipping Products To Sell In Brazil?
Typically, you can dropship anything, and it’s your responsibility to do your due diligence and access the competition of the product. In general, below are the product niches and categories that you can drop ship in Brazil:
- Antiques and collectables
- Baby gear
- Book & magazines
- Business & industrial
- Cameras & photo
- Cars & auto parts
- Cell phones & PDAs
- Sporting goods
- DVDs & movies
- Bags & wallets
- Food & beverages
- Health & beauty
- Pet products
- Bath & beauty
- Tech accessories
- Jewelry & watches
- Festivals & parties
- Clothing & fashion
- Computers & software
- Consumer electronics
- Toys & games
- Travel & outdoors
- Video gaming
- Home & garden
- Shoes & fashion
Luckily, Spocket allows you to choose the best products to sell from thousands of dropshipping suppliers all over the world. You can also order product samples right from the dashboard in a few clicks. Easily test out the products and suppliers to build a reliable dropshipping business.
Best of all, you can discover dropshipping suppliers with fast shipping. With 80% of Spocket’s dropshipping suppliers based in the US or Europe, shipping is quick, reliable, and effortless.
Are you even looking forward to purchasing in bulk and looking for wholesalers? Salehoo connects you with 8000+ vetted wholesalers and manufacturers. You can get their contact info, discover their product range and quality, review the level of customer service they provide, and learn where and how they ship, and a lot more!
What Are The Available Payment Gateways In Brazil?
- Mercado Pago
- PayPal Express Checkout
- PayU Latam
Do You Need Business License To Start With Dropshipping?
No, you don’t need a business license for dropshipping! To get started with dropshipping, all you may need is an online storefront where you will be showcasing your products for potential customers. Luckily, Shopify allows you to create the store of your dreams with no technical or coding skills, from as low as $29/month.
Is Dropshipping Still Profitable In 2021?
Yes, dropshipping is still profitable in 2021, and here’s why. On Black Friday 2019, Shopify processed 10,978 orders per minute! That’s $1.5 Million in sales every 60 seconds during its peak. Over the day, Shopify stores made a massive $2.9+ Billion in sales (up from $1.8 Billion in 2018!), demonstrating the increasing reach and power of borderless commerce!
What’s Better Than Dropshipping?
Nowadays, people are taking advantage of a new business model that was inspired by the concept of dropshipping, but has higher profitability, higher customer lifetime value, and best of all, has no shipping involved in the process since you’re actually selling digital products/services instead of physical goods!
Fast forward to 2020, a new ‘drop’ model has appeared, this time utilizing the gig economy to help business owners find new logos, SEO audits and website builds, without the seller ever needing to lift a finger.
This new business model is called Drop Servicing, given the name due to the similarities with Drop Shipping!
You May Also Like: What Is Better Than Dropshipping? 5 Best Alternative Models
What Is Drop Servicing?
Drop servicing is a business model that’s similar to dropshipping in terms of the name only. In this business, you leverage other people’s skills and capabilities and resell their gigs online. You simply find individuals who have the expertise, list their services on your website as if you’re providing them, and go find people who need that services!
If someone purchases a service from your website, you will capture their payment and transfer their order’s requirement to the independent freelancer to let them do the actual work on your behalf. Once done, the order is delivered to you for your final approval and you will then deliver under your brand’s name!
Now, I know what you may be thinking; Is drop servicing legal? And the answer is, yes it is legal! In fact, most freelancers are open to new business partnerships with service flippers and they would be super happy to allow you to resell their services online, and set your own markups above the service’s initial cost.
Why Is Drop Servicing Better Than Dropshipping?
- Way More Flexible
- Higher Profit Margins
- Lower Volume Of Sales
- Higher Customer Lifetime Value
- No Painful Shipping Periods
- Faster Order Fulfilment And Delivery
- Better Up And Cross-selling Opportunities
- Lower Customer Acquisition Cost On The Long Run
- Potential For Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR)
- You sell to people who already run businesses and are ready to invest money to solve a problem they have
Want to learn in-depth about the above advantages? We have an article that takes them all in detail. You can check it here!
Is There A Drop Servicing Training?
You asked and we had to take the call! In the last couple of months, we’ve been receiving a tremendous number of emails and messages asking for a comprehensive drop servicing course, so we had no option but to create one for you..
eComDimes Drop Servicing Blueprint is the only blueprint you’ll need to start a viable and profitable online business that you can handle and work on from home, or anywhere in the world!
eComDimes is a drop servicing course library that contains 8 different courses, and it breaks down the entire business model into sweet little chunks easy to understand and replicate, giving you away all the resources, tools and bets practicies you may need to get started fast and, hopefully, someday become a full time drop servicer!
The blueprint is for $597, but due to the tough times that the world is facing today, we’ve decided to give away a 50% generous discount (for a limited time only!) If the page loads for you then the offer is still available.
Drop Servicing Course Free Download (PDF)
Chances are, you may not be ready to commit to an ultimate blueprint yet, or cannot afford a course with such price. I hear you!
If you’re interested in the drop servicing business model, looking forward to getting started but a bit intimidated, this FREE PDF could be of great help for you!
I’ve created this mini PDF “10-Point Drop Servicing Checklist” for you, and it contains the 10 most important things you should be focusing on when starting your new or next drop servicing venture.
The global eCommerce sales are rapidly growing, and so does the dropshipping online purchases in Brazil, which means that it’s never been easier to tap into a multi-billion dollars industry!
The fact is, eCommerce is killing the traditional retail industry and people are not shopping the way they used to, especially post the pandemic! Today, people prefer to shop online than going to a mall and wasting a couple of hours.
eCommerce and dropshipping are here to stay and this article has gone above and beyond on how to get started with dropshipping in Brazil and how to actually find dropshipping trustworthy suppliers and quality products.
Finally, if you want to learn how to get started online and build your own empire but don’t know where to start from, this story of a self-made multi-millionaire entrepreneur could be inspiring!
Finally, if you want to get the chance to learn how you can potentially make an additional $2,500 in weekly passive income, here’s a free 2-hour training by Crestani himself to teach you exactly that!
I hope that this post has added something to your knowledge. Again, if you find this post inspiring and useful, share it with your friends, please! (Virtual high fives and awkward hugs to all my sharers out there ✋)
Hand-Picked Articles For You